Monday, December 12, 2011

Taking the Road Less Traveled

Sometimes I'm a little odd.
I love Star Trek.
Call of Duty is cool.
When I laugh too hard my tears roll down my legs.
'nough said.

The reason I mention those things is because the weirdest thing happen to me today.
 I was walking to my math 1030 final this afternoon and I couldn't stop smiling.
I was excited to take it.
When I finished I felt superb.
I walked to lunch with a big grin on my face.
I had fun taking my final?
I couldn’t stop thinking about how nuts I was.
Then I realized:
It's true that when you are prepared you need not fear.

D&C 38: 30
I tell you these things because of your prayers; wherefore; treasure up wisdom in your bosoms... if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.

I love it when things you've learned in church are actually applicable to life.

Speaking of which.
I learned something very thought provoking yesterday:
When Christ comes there will be a thousand years of peace and Satan will be bound, right?
I always pictured him in handcuffs and rotting in a prison cell in Antarctica.
But someone had a thought yesterday that made me really think.
What if he's not tied up in a dungeon freezing his heart out?
{P.S. I think hell is cold, nothing can grow or live in that kind of environment. Plants die in the Winter not Summer.}
What if the people left on earth are so righteous that Satan will have no power over their hearts.
If that is true, we can bind Satan in our own lives today.
We don't have to wait.

Alma 48: 17
Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men have been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.
What an incredible blessing.

Ok this picture is ironic, because I'm not actually supposed to be walking here... but I'm the type of girl that walks in the outs; so it works for me.

 You can also follow me @ http://myloveaffairwithcountry.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment