Sunday, February 26, 2012

What Did I Just Flush Down The Toilet??

I have a confession.
I've broken Lent...
Thrice.
and It's only been going on for 4 days.
BUT I have good excuses!
So sit back and enjoy me squirm while I try to justify myself.

If you remember I'm abstaining from fries and ice cream.
Well, Kenz and I decided we'd both stay away from ALL fast food in general.
{I just didn't post that because I didn't want to feel guilty when I broke it, but it's gotten to the point where it is just pathetically funny.}

First day of Lent: Carlos buys us a pizza.
I resisted for five minutes but when the succulent peperoni's started calling my name I was in.
We could not say no to  free food.
It's an unspoken college rule.
Plus he spent his hard earned dollars on this Italian delight.
We couldn't just throw his money away like it grows on bushes!
Sin one committed.

The next day: free pizza in the bird house.
Don't worry, we resisted this time.
Just keep walking, walking, walking.

Saturday: "Hey Kenz there is free food before the basketball game, let's do that for dinn dinn."
We show up to be fed and there isn't a single soul in sight.
I think we got punked AGAIN!!
So we walked to the cafeteria which was closed.
Great time to go fishing cooks!!

We thought we were in luck when the school convenience store was open late.
BOOM! Chips and ice cream for dinner.
{naughty naughty I know}
You know those milk shakes you get at the gas station and you take the lid off and put it in the machine and it works its wonders and turns you regular Joe Shmo ice cream into milk shaky goodness.
I've never had one.
I thought this was my night.
Kenz went to pay for her junk dinner while the machine was finishing up and I hear the cashier say "dinning dollars don't work here."
My thought process..."UHHHHHHHHHHH. RUN!!!"
and that is precisely what I did.
There was a line of children waiting to use the magic machine and they all watched me run off in shame.
Kids don't EVER do this!!

We went to the basketball game with tummies growling and talked about breaking our fast for just this once and getting Cafe Rio.
So without a second thought we hit the road.
 Sin two committed.


Today is Sunday and I have Cafe Rio left overs.
I couldn't fit the whole burrito in my tummy last night.
I bet Ang is in shock at that thought.
So basically by the time the sun goes down tonight I will have broken Lent three times in four days.

Do you still love me anyway?
:)

2 comments:

  1. Still love ya! But I must say I'm rethink this lent thing, I was going to start tomorrow no pop or sweets. Well I guess four days is better than zero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha oh no. You should still do it. It's great... I just won't tell ya what I ate for lunch today... AH!Let's just say I'm starting over for the fifth time.

      Delete