Friday, February 10, 2012

Memories are Made when Plans Change

Last night’s plan was to go as follows: go to work, come home, eat a small dinner, work out, watch Toy Story, and then fall into a blissful sleep.

What REALLY happen was erratically different.
The only similarity was work, it's a necessary evil.
I came home and ate a gargantuan dinner.
As the Chinese proverb says; a belly must be satisfied for the human to be elated.
Actually I just made that up, but it’s good enough to be a proverb right?
After I’d consumed 5 times my body weight I had this peachy idea, why stop eating?
{no pun intended}

Without skipping a beat I called Kenzie who was at Wally World of all places, and told her to purchase some ice cream.
Upon her arrival home we threw some cookie dough in the oven, pulled it out before it was cooked all the way, and loaded ice cream on top of it.
It's called a pacookie :)
Definition: The food of angels; taste buds and sweet concoction in perfect harmony.
"Huh... looks like poop." -Kenzie
I ate to my heart’s content, all the while spewing out excuses why we couldn't go to the gym.
Needless to say after 20 minutes of giving very solid reasons, it worked, and we didn't work out.
This may be view by some as a failure, but in my eyes it was a huge success.
I needed a break.

After filling my tummy with delightful happiness it was time to watch Toy Story.
Kenz found it on the internet and we started watching it.
A few minutes later I looked and her and said "Kenz is this in English?"
We busted a gut laughing so hard.
Now I have to insert a thought here; our minds are incredibly powerful.
It seriously took us minutes to figure out we were watching it in German!
I believed that I understood what was being said so it didn't occur to me that in all reality I didn't have a clue.

That is mind over matter mastery right there.
We ended up watching The Little Mermaid instead, for language reasons.
It's still my most favorite Disney movie in the history of our galaxy.

I know this night probably won't have a huge impact on the rest of my life.
But it was full of simple joys.
It was slowing down in this crazy fast world and just soaking in the fact that life is, indeed, wonderful.
One of my greatest fears is being so rushed that I forget to relish in moments.
Last night I relished, rolled in, and savored the moments.
{when I say rolled in it, I mean it in the sense of rolling in 6 zillion dollars.}
Moments grow up into memories, so pay them mind and live in them as much as you can.

And that my friends is the way the pacookie crumbles, believe it or not.

2 comments:

  1. words of wisdom from someone so young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are actually a good webmaster. The site loading velocity is incredible. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you've performed a excellent process on this topic!
    GENUINE Solid 14 Karat White Gold 3.00CT Round Brilliant Diamond Tennis Bracelet

    ReplyDelete