Friday, February 3, 2012

Copier Crisis

Today a lot of simple things keep bringing a smile to my face.
The snow on the ground.
Scarf weather.
The song "Between Sundays" by DJ Miller.
Hot cocoa!!
and almost ridding the world of all paper in existence...
on accident of course!

Let's talk hot chocolate for a second.
You know those girls walking around campus that have on their super cute winter outfits?
They look so cozy warm and dang cute.
Have you ever noticed that they always have a cup of hot cocoa in their hands?
Well I'm Dorky McDorkerson...
I have always wanted one of those thermoses!

Yesterday I bought one...
at the dollar store!
YAY for bargain shopping!

It has brought me immense joy!
Plus, it's kept me warm on this blustery grey day.

Cause of happiness number 2:
I know it's weird when clothes make people happy,
but I have a confession; EVERY time I wear these boots I can't help but walk with confidence.
They're just so me.
I love this scarf and shirt combo too much, and my hair worked out today.
Those factors just made a person feel good.
Ok, girly girl moment over.
Glad that passed, kinda freaked me out for a sec:)

Cause of happiness number 3:
That boy I've been eyeing in my agriculture class...
We talked today :)
annnnnnnnnnnnd he caught up to me after class to chat some more...
ok ok ok
I know it's nothing...
but still
 :)

Gushing ends here. I promise.
I don't think I've told you, but I write notes for a deaf kid in my agriculture class.
I'm a good note taker; I take them to the service center EVERYDAY!
But they continue to pester me and call me a thousand times a day telling me he's not getting the notes.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
The worst part is they leave me voicemails, my biggest pet peeve.
It's gotten out of control; they now send me e-mails as well.
As you can tell, this is a source of great frustration for me

Usually when I take my notes in, there is a girl who copies them for me.
She wasn't there today, so I asked a lady for help.
Lady asked if I knew the code, {the code is just a number on the folder the notes go in} I told her yes, and then she left.
My thought process: Uhhhhhhhhhhh.

So I took matters into my own hands.
Now the girl usually types something into the copier, so I thought well maybe I need to type the folder code in.
I punched in 1598
WHY would I do that, I don't know.
Papers started shooting out all over the place.
Thought process: Uhhhhhhhhhhh cancel button, cancel button, cancel button.
Luckily I figured it out before I was swimming in an ocean of papers.
I think from now on I'll leave the copying up to the professionals.

Needless to say I lived up to my tree slayer nick name.
I got it in 8th grade in typing class.
Jean Lawrence got up from her computer so I went over and pushed print 500 times.
At the end of class the teacher was like JEAN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??
I burst out laughing, got caught, and was given the title of hating all things that produced oxygen.
So if one day we do run out of air.
Forgive me, please :)

P.S. Listen to "Between Sundays" right here.







No comments:

Post a Comment