Monday, March 5, 2012

The Wonders of Lip Stick

I read this blog post the other day and it really struck me.
It talks about how in "the olden days" women would try to make themselves attractive to men by doing their hair up all pretty and wearing bright red lip stick to catch the men's fancy.
Now day's girls just show a lot of skin and wear too tight of clothes to get the guys attention.
What isn't being realized is that it's the wrong kind of attention.
This blog made me feel like I can be pretty and modest.

Today I decided I wanted to feel like a lady so I put on some red lip stick, just like they did WAYYYYY back in the day.
I was sitting in my math class eating my daily granola bar, when I looked at my fingers and started to panic.
OH MY GOSH IIM BLEEDING!!!!!
Where is it coming from, where is it coming from, where is it coming from???
I was breathing all heavy when I realized "ha oh yeah! I'm wearing lip stick. No need to die from shock."
I giggled to myself and continued staring blankly at the chalk board while subconsciously taking notes.

By the time institute rolled around I was much more awake and aware of my world.
No more bleeding episodes took place.
A boy walked into class and said the sweetest thing to me.
I want to remember it and share it because what I said earlier; old fogies fashion sense was spot on.
They knew how to woo a man, I listened and I learned.
You can too.

K, so I'm wearing my lip stick right?
{ladies if you ever need to feel confident just paint your lips red and you'll have the guys swooning at your feet. They love it.}
Well this boy walked in and told me I looked nice today
and then after he said that he said "you know, you are really rare!"
I just looked at him all shy and embarrassed and asked why.
He then went on "you're the type of girl who wears really attractive clothes but you're always modest. Not a lot of girls are like that."
Awwwww
*Insert heart melt here*

That was the best compliment, in my opinion, a girl could ever get.
It's so nice to be recognized for keeping high standards.
It's not always easy and sometimes I look at other girls and I wish I could wear what they do.
But it's times like these; when a boy calls you rare because you choose to leave the things of the world behind.
 That makes it worth it.

Oh and here is my dumb blonde moment for the day.
So that boy I told you about, he got new scriptuers for his mission.
Now I love the smell of new books, so instinctively I pick up his Book of Mormon and smell it.
But when I did I miss calculated and judged the distance wrong...
My face hit the book and
I ended up leaving a bright red lip stick stain on the edge of all the pages.
EKKKK!!
I was thoroughly embarrassed.
I hid it from him for as long as I could.
Then he started showing people that I "kissed" his scriptures.
AHHH!!!
So basically he's going to have my lips prints for the rest of his life and I feel like an idiot.
I'm not used to wearing lip stick.
It was quite the trial for me today as you can see.
First I think I have some illness and I'm bleeding everywhere and then I smooch scriptures.
Oh dear me.
Whatever will I do with myself?

Before I go:
Girls never forget your worth.
Have high standards and keep them real and vital in your lives.
You will be blessed.
One day a MAN and not a BOY will look at you and know you are one of a kind.
He can't get you just anywhere, and he will treat you right because of it.
You are worth it and you deserve it.
Don't settle and don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

And boys, recognize those girls in your life, you can change their world and help them remember who they are.
If guys would point out how great being modest is more often I believe more girls would cover up.
Help us help you.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, true, and was definitely needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I love it when I can help uplift others with my love for writing! :) Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Very true! We all need to remember who we are: children of a loving Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dido. I love the chain reaction that can happen when we share our thoughts and feelings. I read that blog post and it inspired me and then I got to share my feelings on the matter. It's amazing the impact for good we can have on others when we are living our lives right. I'm so grateful for reading that original blog post and the effect that it has had! :)

      Delete
  3. Very true! We all need to remember who we are: children of a loving Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete