Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring-Super-Busy-Not-Very-Relaxing-Break Part I

Spring break started a tad bit early for me.
I left my agriculture class early, I was squeamish.
I just couldn't sit there and listen to a monotonous lecture any longer.
I had spring fever BAD!
We hit the road around 3:30

I got home and unpacked... more like let my bags throw up in my room...
Same difference, right?
Then my family returned home from Brett's soccer game.

Now I want to take a moment and express how pleased I am with my younger bro.
He is a freshman and he plays varsity soccer.
In his second game he scored as a defender, which is basically a big deal.
My mom said it was a great goal, and he knocked down a lot of people on his way, legally of course.
I think he is pretty great.


After the game my aunt Reeda showed up and we all sat around talking and enjoying one another's company.
It was good to see my sister.
I rarely see her because she's going to school in Chicago.

Saturday we had an early Easter dinn dinn with the whole family.
It was colorful and scrumptious.
We played a lot of dominion (best card game ever!)
and later that evening we went to a John Allred concert.
It was a small intimate show; he talked a lot about his music and the stories behind his songs.
I loved it.









Sunday was stake conference.
After church we took Ang to the airport; where Brett, Nate, and I goofed off on the moving sidewalks!
Those things are my favorite inventions EVER! :)
When I own a home I think I will install one!
Then we played dominion for ten hours.


Games always get a little wild at the Smith's residence.
Everyone in my family is very competitive.
We all want to win and are very loud about it.
Each time we would start a new game we would all race to go first, which resulted in everyone taking 5 turns simultaneously.
Then we'd look at Brett who still hadn't taken a single turn and wait for him.
The second he was finished playing the 5 turns he missed we'd all race again to start the play of the game "first".
I won the race every time, and yes I am proud of that :)
This whole routine makes me laugh, it's so ridiculous.
I was after Brett and I'd always tell him when it was his turn and immediately start playing my cards because he 'wasn't fast enough'.
This might drive some people crazy but it just cracks us up because we act like we are on speed or something.

Ryan is the brains of the family and he's the best at ALL games.
We were all getting sick of him beating us.
At this point in time it didn't matter who won, just that Ryan DIDN'T!
The game was coming to a close and Brett leaned over and whispered "Tam try to end the game, I might be able to win if Ryan doesn't get another turn."
I did my best to terminate the game, but couldn't.
So I leaned over and said "pstttt mom, end the game. Brett can win."
Mom did as she was told and ended the game right before Ryan's next turn.
Brett started counting his victory points and I watched him.
Stunned I looked and him and exclaimed "YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD WIN WITH TWO POINTS!?!?!"
Immediately we both started laughing uncontrollably and he just kept saying "I said MAYBE" in between chuckles.
Ryan had like 30 points... and then mom started on a tangent about how she could have won if she hadn't listened to us and that just made Brett and I laugh harder.


I ended the night by staying up til the crack of dawn watching One Tree Hill...
Which I don't even like.
It's too much drama and their lives are falling apart constantly.
But for some reason I just couldn't stop watching it.

Monday I baked cookies, worked at the day care, and went to karate with Ryan and Nate.
I knocked a grown man out and I'm never allowed back there ever again.
Haa just jokin!

Tuesday was an early morning for me.
I got up at six and headed for Salt Lake with my mom.
We were extras in a movie called "Mistle Tones".
It comes out this Christmas so look for it people!
The star is Tia from the TV show "Sister Sister".
We were in the bar scene.


Isn't it fitting that the first time I step foot in a bar I'm with my mom?
I don't know if I can share details about the movie here, but I will just say it was a blast and the male actor is hotter than Hades!
The assistant director was so cool and I talked to him a tiny bit.


And that is a sum of the first half of my wild spring break :)



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping me company on set! I really appreciate it. Hope the rest of your spring break was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY!! I know it was a blast. I'm really glad I got to do it. Spring break was good. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I was sitting on my computer today and your blog just popped in my head. Had to say hey! Maybe we will bump into one another again some day. Have a great 2nd half of the semester!

    ReplyDelete