Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Livin' On A Prayer

Today was my first day back at work in five weeks, and this fact stressed me out.
Not to mention I am sick :/
I had cramps all day
and I am still wiped out sore from dance yesterday
and I may or may not have forgotten all the sandwich builds in my absence.

I told myself I'd go in to Wendy's today with a good attitude and make the best of it.
I prayed at LOT.
I studied the sandwich cheat sheet like mad.
Then I prayed some more.
And work was GOOD!

I didn't sneeze once, my runny nose disappeared, my cramps vanished, I didn't notice my soreness, and I was a darn good sandwich maker.
My prayers were answered and I was able to make it through the work day as tough as a horse.
But now that work is over, I feel like a T-Rex stomped on my head over and over and over again.

Also, work was really slow and someone mentioned taking food out to someone.
Sometimes when a customer orders fresh fries or something of that nature we have them pull out of the drive thru and wait until a new batch has been fried, and then we bring it out to them.
Well this is what I thought I would be doing when I volunteered.
Then Sheldon looked and Dell and said, "yeah it's time she meets Marry."
Wait. What. Who's Marry?
They asked me if I knew where she lived.
I was scared right outta my wits.
What had I just done?

Apparently Marry's an older lady who lives right next door to Wendy's.
 Sometimes she calls in orders and Wendy's makes sure it gets to her.
So I took her order over to her house, and she was so kind and sweet.
She talked to me for a bit, and I found out the food I brought over was for her son and he had gotten his foot amputated.
She also told me all about the quirky cartoons she had displayed on her front door; she drew them all!
While we were chatting her home teachers came by to visit her so I told her I best be on my way.
She gave me a check for the food and a dollar tip to keep for myself.

She really brightened my day.
I'm so glad I met her!
I hope I get to deliver to her again.
I love days like this, when I get the chance to serve others.
It just felt good.

Side note: I love small towns for this very reason.
Wendy's does not deliver, but in a small town like this, people take care of each other.
Everyone knows everyone and people are more willing to help one another out.
I love it.
I LOVE it.
I LOVE IT!!

1 comment:

  1. It is truly amazing the impact we can have on one another as we pass through our daily activities!

    ReplyDelete