Monday, January 16, 2012

Abort! Abort!

Sometime last week Kenz and I went rock climbing.
We walked into the building and I said "can we go to the little girl's room first?"
Now for those of you who know me, that's not really what I said.
But this is public, so let's act like I know how to be a lady.
She said sure, turned around, and started walking in the other direction.
I stood stunned and confused for a second because we were already headed towards the girls room.
Then in a moment of panic I realized she thought the mens was the womens.
I tried to stop her, I shouted...
"Kenz, no! Stop. Wait! That's the MENS bathroom!!"
She was saved at the last second.
We both burst out laughing.

In moments like that it's hard to find the right words to save the person.
You're racking your brain and your words come out stuttered and slow and ALL wrong!
You feel like a deer in head lights unable to move.

Next case.
Today we went to Wal-Mart.
Twice.
But that is not important.
Kenz was driving and the stop light was fast approaching.
I knew the light was red.
FYI when we reached it we'd be turning left.
The closer and closer we got I wondered if Kenz knew what color it was.
But my brain was frozen and I couldn't speak.
Finally when we were partially in the intersection I blurted out;
"IT'S RED! IT'S RED! IT'S RED!"
She promptly backed up to safety and we had another laughing fit.

Third time.
We made fortune cookies tonight, and wrote weird and halarious sayings on slips of paper.
We are going to give them to our friends tonight.
I'll let you know how it goes over.

Any how, as the first batch was baking Kenz and I saw this sign that read;
"Don't use sink".
Ok?
We wondered what could be wrong with it.
Kenz examined it and we came to the conclusion that 'they' forgot to take the plug out and that's why the sink was full of nasty water.
No biggy right?
Note: there was an abundance of soaked through towels under the sink.
We laughed at their foolishness.
When the second batch was in the oven Kenz started washing the mixing bowl in the side of the sink that wasn't full of water.
Then I heard flowing water, like A LOT of flowing water.
I looked over and started yelling;
"Don't use sink! Don't use sink! Don't use sink!"
Kenz looks at me like "why not?"
I pointed to the floor.
Water EVERYWHERE!
We started laughing hysterically and Kenz managed to say "They weren't kiddin!"
Which caused more laughs to bubble from the both of us.

What I learned about myself today:
In situations of panic and stress I yell the same words over and over.
Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment