Friday, May 25, 2012

Tired Friday

It's never good to be tired while operating an oven/stove top.
I had no choice though because that is my job.
I made faces at myself in the mirror this morning hoping it would trick my brain into thinking I was awake and energetic.
Eh, it didn't work.

Sleepily I slumped around the kitchen at work trying to be efficient.
I dropped toast on the floor and spilled a cup of milk in a class room.
I made 50 extra chicken nuggets... oppsie
and I accidently poured boiling water down my leg.
I was hopping around and thinking "take your pants off, hurry take 'em off!"
But of course I didn't.
I would get sued for indecent exposure.
Good thing I said my prayers this morning, because luckily I didn't get any sever burn marks on my thighs .
I REALLY wanted to go ask the director if I could go home after that.
"I'm sorry I just scalded my legs and probably have family of blisters living on my delicate skin. Can I go home, I'm an idiot!"
But I didn't because I needed to be responsible and do my time.

All the mishaps I had today were minor and not very funny compared to my last incident.
I was cleaning the kitchen and I was SO happy to be heading home.
Without thinking I grabbed the cleaning can and started spraying the three compartment sink.
I noticed the scrubbing bubbles weren't foaming up.
They looked really odd.
I check the label on the can and in bright red letters it said PAM.
I tried washing the sinks with cooking oil!!
EEEKKK!
Um.... they. really. shine. now... ;) haa

My sister came home for the summer today.
We ended the day with backyard baseball and smores.
Second base was a blanket.
Pretty much it was huge and like 4 feet wide.
Brett's friends would come play a few innings and then leave and come back again, so on and so forth.
Basically I am telling you we are really cool so people like to hang out with us.
Haaa.
Yep!

Happy Memorial Weekend to you and your kin :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your perspective. I would've been so mad at the world. You're just happy you didn't get blisters. "Good thing I said my prayers this morning..." You're just flippin rad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie thank you so much. I always get so excited when I see your comments, they always make me happy!

      Delete