Sunday, May 13, 2012

Home Sweet Home

When ever I come home my schedule seems to go crazy.
There are always so many people to see and things to do!
I started my summer job.
It's great and for those of you who know my cooking past it's quite hilarious because I am in fact....
Drum roll please...
The cook at the day care I worked at last summer!

Oh but there is a catch to me working there.
So my first day was Monday, and I like to walk to work.
I woke up early that morning so I would have plenty of time for my morning stroll to Skool Days.
I showed up with a few minutes to spare.
I walked in the door and said good morning and asked if I was training with Stephanie in the kitchen.
The lady who works at the front desk informed me that Stephanie worked at the Draper center, not Riverton.

Normally this would freak me out and I would be a stressed out mess.
I HATE being late to things.
Not to mention I knew I didn't have a car to get to Draper.
But normal didn't happen.
I stayed really calm, cool, and collected.
Trust me that is very weird for me.
I held myself together and called my mom.
She was half way to Orem and had no way of coming home to take me to work.
I thought popped into my mind to call someone in the ward, so I asked my mom who to call.
I called the person my mom suggested to me, and luckily she was able to give me a lift to work.
I felt so much relief and I wasn't upset or flustered at all.
My first day of work went very smoothly after that.

I get an hour lunch break every day.
I found a quiet park to eat at and read my book.
There are always two ducks there that join me.
I tried getting a picture of them on Thursday.
I started army crawling towards them so the wouldn't get spooked and waddle away.
As I was doing this my face was very close to the ground and I noticed bird poop everywhere!
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
EW EW EW!!
Needless to say I am working on finding a new lunch spot.



Friday was the best day at work yet.
I walked in and there was a lady there with a huge bouquet of roses.
She told me I could take one because Mother's Day was around the corner and I watch kids all day so I deserved one.
I know it's weird but I LOVE IT when I randomly receive roses.
It just makes me feel pretty and womanly and like I was being noticed for the things I do.
So that was an amazing way to start the day.
It only got better from there.
Parents brought in cupcakes, apples, chocolates, and cheesecake bites for all the employees as a thank you for all our hard work.
I just kept getting happier and happier and THEN Shelly gave us all water bottles.
All these actions were small things but they meant a lot to me and made me feel amazing.

The first Sunday I had home we took my sister to the airport to go back to Chicago.
Afterwards we walked around temple square and took lots of wonderful pictures.







  
So many things have happened since I've been home.
This is just a small recap.
I love the people that I've seen and been able to catch up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment