Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bitter Sweet

I'm excited to go home.
I can't wait to spend summer with my family.
But... all of a sudden I'm realizing how much I'm going to miss the people I've met here in Cedar.

I don't ever wanna forget the laughs, the late nights, the good times.
I want to remember everything vividly.
I love the experiences I've had here and the people I have had them with.

It's weird how you can grow to love people so much in such a short time.
I'm so grateful that my parents have helped me to be here at SUU.
I'm grateful for the friendships I've made here.

Growing up is hard.
I always thought saying hello to someone for the first time was hard.
You never know how they are going to react or if it will be awkward.
I was very wrong, saying hello is nothing compared to goodbye.
Saying goodbye is one of the hardest things in life.
Loving people and having to leave them is difficult.
Yet, it's so exciting because everyone has something they want to do in life and they are pursuing it.
That is the best part of life I think, having something you're passionate about and chasing it.

A lot of my best friends are leaving on missions this summer.
I'm so excited for them.
I know they are going to have one of the best experiences of their lives.

I wish the best for my friends.
As Brad Paisley would put it:
 "I know you need to go
But before you do
I want you to know...
that I wish you the best
and I wish you nothing less than everything you've ever dreamed of
and I hope that you find love along the way
but most of all I wish you'd stay."

and as Jason Aldean says:
"Let's not say goodbye.
I hate the way that sounds.
So for now let's just say see you when I see you.
Another place some other time.
If I get down to your way,
or if you're ever up around mine,
we'll laugh about the old days and catch up on the new.
Yeah I'll see you when I see you
and I hope it's someday real soon."

I love everyone I've met here in good ol' C-city and I'll remember you forever.
Take luck with you!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment