Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Madness

I'm a hardcore pranker.
I live the life of a serious practical jokester.
The holiday of fools is defiantly on the list of my top three favorites days.

The cogs in my brain started turning yesterday.
I came up with the plan to duct tape my roommates into their room.
I told Kenz and we immediately thought of ways to pull it off.
Our first order of business: we needed to make our way to Wal-Mart and pick up some duct tape.

Lately, a'hem, YESTERDAY we decided to try to be Eco friendly.
 Or more honestly, save gas money so we set out on a bike ride at 4:30 pm.
We had one bike and Consuela  Bosifious {our tricycle with no handle bars}.
Our adventure into the fiercest winds Cedar has ever seen took three hours.



Along the path we saw big trash bags tossed to the side of the road.
We played CSI and investigated them.

We waved to many strangers and made people laugh.
Consuela Bosifious is very people friendly.
No joke, one car even slowed down and filmed me... which was awkward... haaa haaa.

Kenz and I both wore hats into the treacherous wind.
We had to chase Kenzie's hat down a minimum of five times;
one time it happened in front of a bunch of cute priesthood men BBQing.
We made fools of ourselves running, screaming, and flailing our arms all about.
We then proceeded to have a 'Napoleon Dynamite' like conversation:
"So uh, do you think they saw that?"
"Yeah I think we should go ask them out."
"Yeah they probably think chasing down hats is like... hott."
"Yeah I bet they tell everyone in their quorum about us."



When we made it to our destination we chained our bikes to a pole and purchased 4 doughnuts and a roll of hefty duct tape.
The ride home was much easier, the wind pushed us the whole way home.
No peddling required.

Random fact:
While we were waiting for night to fall so we could play our humorous joke we watched The Guardian.
I saw most of the movie about six years ago on a road trip.
But we got to where we were going before I could see all of it.
I never knew how it ended.
Like Phoebe from Friends I was sheltered from the sad ending.
Tears welled in my eyes.
BEST MOVIE EVER!!
Watch it, you will feel a lot of respect for the Coast Guard.

Around 1:30 am we started cutting strips of tape.
around 1:35 we ran out of tape...








Oppies.
We only had 15 strips and needed 55.
A midnight Wal-Mart trip was in order.
We took the car this time, we are not insane enough to bike there in the dark.

When we got home the rommies were still up.
We watched some TV and took a nap to kill the time.
We got up at 4:00 am and completed the prank on Ali and Madie.



This morning Madie said she got up to use the restroom and when she opened the door and saw the barricade she just poked the tape and went back to bed.

Success!
Oh and I convinced Kenzie that the "Spring Blessings" girl has been moving around all by herself the past few days.
Double success!

Shout out to my Aunt Reeda, Happy Birthday!! :)
I hope it was a good one.
You are awesome and I love you :)







1 comment:

  1. Hope the tape doesn't leave marks so Suu can charge you haha

    ReplyDelete