Monday, April 23, 2012

Packing Box Humor and other fun things...

This school year is coming to a close and I'm starting to think about packing my junk up and shipping it and myself home for the summer.
I came to school with only one tote and two duffel bags.
I guess you could say I'm a light packer.
Those very few things managed to get my stuff here with out a problem.
The issue now is that my belongings have multiplied like bunnies!
I do not have the proper packaging to get my stuff home now.

A short trip to Linn's should have fixed my problem.
I went in and asked if they had any packing boxes and they said I'd have to come in at 6 or 7 am.
HAAA yeah... no thanks I will just throw my clothes in the car without a box if I have to.

The cogs in my brain started moving and I decided that Wal-Mart might have some boxes and they stalk at night.
I can stay up late for boxes but I cannot wake up early for them.
It's a college thing, don't worry about it.
We went at 10:30 with high hopes.
First I had to chase down the Wal-Mart man...
"come back! I want you boxes!"
That was a dangerous run, the isles created horrifying blind spots.
A cart came out of nowhere almost hit me head on.
Could have knocked my noggin clean off my shoulders.
But I was brave and I made it to the Wal-Mart box man before he could incinerate my beloved cardboard cubes.
He let me take as many as I wanted.

As Kenz and I walked away we opened one of the boxes to see how big it was.
Jaws dropped to the floor right then and there.
"Are you kiddin... I can fit ONE pair of jeans in this thing."
All the boxes were the same.
Maybe the size of two cereal boxes.
Yeah I don't know what's up with the shipping companies but they really believe in that whole "the best gifts come in small packages" deal.
Each item of my clothing is going home first class style, in it's own personal box.

Yeah I don't know what I'm going to do about packing.
Burn my clothes maybe?
If you have any solutions let me know.
I am considering cutting the boxes up and taping them together into one BIG box.
But that seems somewhat sketchy if ya know what I mean.

I know the title of this post says "and other fun things"
but I think that is the only fun thing I have to share right now.
So I guess I fibbed.
Sorry bout that!

Oh and Natalie it was so nice to meet you today!
I'm glad you came up to me and said hi!
And thanks again for all the nice comments you leave me :)

Have a good Monday Y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment