Sunday, April 22, 2012

Believe in Yourself

I found this friendly note in the Hymn book today.
Oh thanks so much Dove chocolate.
You didn't have to send encouraging words to me for me to fall in love with you.
But you did and now I only love you more.
This is something I need to do more.
Believe in myself.

Simple words, yet so profound.
Everyday walk through life with courage and the knowledge that even when you cannot change your circumstances, you can change your attitude towards them.
Every experience, good or bad, has something to teach you.

I received this thought provoking note and then went on to sing the hymn.
Before I go on with the story, just know that today was a bad singing day.
First in sacrament meeting we sang a song that no one knew.
Most of the time the people that know how to a sing can carry the rest of us amateurs through the unknown.
Not this time.
At one point so many different notes were being sung all at once.
Kinda sounded like a train wreck which I found quite humorous.
Luckily the next time that part came along the good singers knew what they were doing and pushed us all along.
But not before I got some good snickering in.
 
The second song mishap occurred in Sunday school.
Kenz and I started singing, pretty loud too, and realized we were the only ones.
.....

We went to the stake fireside tonight.
So amazing.
We will have to come back to that thought.
We were singing yet again another song I didn't know.
For some reason I was anticipating a high note coming on, I belted it while everyone else went low.
Kenz chuckled and I said "oh crap you heard that?"
Then we both laughed.
The closing song was True to the Faith.
At the end of the first and second verses you sing the word No!
Well it changes on the third and fourth verses.
You sing Yes!
On the third verse kenz let out a very big NO!
Then it was my turn to laugh at her :)

Now on to the fire side.
One thing I want to remember is this:
At any time you should be prepared for anyone to ask you why you have such great hope and be able to give them an answer.
My answer to that is Christ.
I have hope because Christ lived and paved the way for me to get home.
It's so important to know what we believe and have it planted firmly in our hearts.
I know I get discouraged and struggle and I'm thankful for my friends and family that remind me where to turn to for hope.
Because home is where I want to ultimately end up.
and I mean my heavenly home.
It is vital to remember that I want that above all else.

Tonight the choir sang Army of Helaman which is my favorite song.
You can listen to it mixed with As Sisters in Zion here.

One last item of business.
One of my great friends Andrew James has been called to serve in the Indonesia mission.
I'm so happy for him :)

Have a grand Sunday!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment