Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nineteen


Oh man. Oh boy. Oh dear. Goodness gracious!
One.
Nine.
19.
It's a weird thing.
Sometimes it's really hard.
I'm at a point in life where I have to make a bunch of big decisions while simultaneously learning who I am.
Those are two massive tasks... and to do them at the same time is something else.
It's incredible, it's lonely, and it's beautiful.


It's like I'm a kid in an adults body.
I'm expected to hold myself together even though sometimes I just want my mamma.
19 is wanting to grow up fast and at the same time wishing it wouldn't happen.
It's being scared I'll never fall in love and finding out my biggest fear is that I will.
It's feeling like the whole world is mine for the taking if I will just reach up and grab it.

But, 19 is also being nervous and not knowing if I can really do all that I'm meant to.
It's being insecure and awkward and messing up.
But it's also being confident and throwing all caution to the wind and having hope.
19 is finally coming to terms with the fact that God has a plan for me and He expects me to be responsible and do my part in making those things happen.
  I can't just hide in the background and hope to go unnoticed anymore.
I have to come forward and take my place and spread light and happiness.


19 is a year of growth, discovery, and struggle.
It's finding out that my heart has a lot of love in it that I wish I could give away but it gets rejected.
It's about learning to continue loving others who may never love me back.

19 is dealing with demons and learning to let go of past hurts and forgive.
and knowing that if I don't forgive the past will also become my future.

19 is for dreaming big and hugging friends tight.
It is a time to inspire others to try new things and care about others.
It is tears and laughter,
hardships and light-heartedness.
19 is mistakes and lessons.
It's finding love and not knowing it until it's gone.
It is making friends and putting myself out there.
19 is learning how to love and accept myself.
It is exploring and experiences.
19 is a lot of things and most importantly it is a gift.



Let me know what it means to be whatever age you are in the comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Ninteen means that I'll need to cut my luscious locks. Because some things are more important than cute curls and warm ears. 19 means changing the past I've already ruined for a future I still stand a chance in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^That comment is very good. I like it.
    Tam, I understand having so much love but not being able to give it, I can definitely relate. This was actually really interesting for me to read for two reasons: I like to hear about your experiences and also because I've been wondering what it will be like to move out. I've been wondering if I'll feel secure and safe or scared and lonely. I guess it won't be just one of those all the time.
    -Rach

    ReplyDelete