Friday, February 8, 2013

Rambles of an Interesting Week

What do you get when you mix a Neanderthal and a recluse?
You get Tamra Smith on February 8, 2013!
Big sorry to all the people who were affected by my social awkward-idity today.


 On a lighter note; Cedar had three earthquakes yesterday!
Three whole earthquakes!
And guess how many of them I felt?
A big fat zero!
This makes me feel very sad inside.
The ground was a-rumbling and a-grumbling and I didn't even know.
I've been through a few earthquakes in my day, yet I've never experienced one.
So maybe someone could secretly shake my bed and make the pictures on my wall rattle one night, and then I would know what an earthquake feels like, and I think that would probably make me feel very happy!
It's incredibly easy to please me.
Just fake a natural disaster and I'm good, I don't ask for too much ;)

I made a huge leap in my growing up process last week!
I "watched" the Super Bowl for the first time in my life.
Does anyone really watch it, or just the commercials?
Any who, that was pretty cool for me.
I got to drink Mt. Dew and eat seven layer dip all while making hilarious football jokes.

Two super random facts:
1. I don't drink soda. Ever. I don't crave it therefore I see no reason to consume it. Well here's the deal breaker, my Economics teacher drinks Mt. Dew every time he lectures and it just looks SO yummy. I've literally been thinking about Mr. Dew nonstop ever since the semester started and I was incredibly happy to drink the bubbly delightful-ness while acting like a true American!

2.You know how the power went out during the Super Bowl? Well I guess when I fell asleep that night I was thinking about big sport events and odd mishaps occurring, and I dreamed that I was at the NBA finals and the basketball turned into a water balloon and then a huge water balloon fight broke out. How's that for weird?

I adopted a grandpa on Thursday.
You see, I go running on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and I always see this old man walking.
Last Thursday I had a feeling that I should talk to him, I told myself I'd run two more laps and then I'd say hello.
I finished the second lap and I looked around and he had left.
I told myself I'd talk to him on Tuesday.
I got there and again I thought to myself I'll get my running out of the way and then I'll say hello.
It's funny how if you don't act on a prompting right when you get it you lose your opportunity.
Again he left before I got the chance to say anything.
When I got to the track on the following Thursday I was determined to talk to him first thing.
I said good morning and we started talking.
I found out that he started walking after he had a few heart attacks, he's trying to keep his heart as healthy as possible.
I don't know why I was prompted to talk to him, I don't know if he has family in Cedar or not.
But I do know that I was happy after I talked to him and I hope I can somehow bless his life.

I also adopted a 6th grader.
I'm in a mentoring group called 4-H.
I've been involved in it for three weeks and it has already blessed my life loads.
There is a girl there named Kelsie and I help her with her math homework, which I love, and then we get to cook/bake when homework is done :)
This week we made soft pretzels!
I love the kids that go there and again I hope that somehow I can bless their lives as much as they bless mine!


Kenz and I bought a bunch of wood on Thursday.
It was a pretty funny experience for us.
Kenzie is on the multi-stake activities committee and she has to make the carnival games for the upcoming valentines dance.
And that is why we bought a bunch of wood.
We did not think about transporting this wood back to our place of residency, which ended up being a real issue for us.
So we called our hometeacher!
Yay for hometeachers with trucks!
Kenz and I always have the most fun adventures!


Speaking of adventures!
I almost forgot about the great cookie monstrosity!
This week for FHE we played Iron Chef: Nasty Cookies Edition.
We were not allowed to follow a recipe, and we had no milk.
Our secret ingredient was mint flavored life savors, which in the end made it wreak like pepto bismol!
It didn't help that Kenz added at least half a cup of vanilla extract.
Hahahahah oh boy!
These cookies were so gross, I'm telling ya!
We were busy mixing these little nasties together while someone found us a baking sheet... FROM FREAKING GIANT LAND or something!
We thought nothing of it and plopped our good for nothing cookies onto the sheet.
We went to put them in the oven just to discover there was no way on this green Earth that the pan was going to fit!
Then someone came up with the genius idea of taking out all the cooking racks and putting the cookie sheet in at an angle.
Which totally worked.
Until the cookies started sliding to their death.
At this point we scooped the goolosh into a turkey dripping pan and cooked the little buggers that way.
What a good time we had!







No comments:

Post a Comment