Friday, February 15, 2013

Through the Storm and Into His Peace

The first time I thought about starting a blog was the summer of 2010.
Which also happens to be one of the hardest times in my life.
I wanted to write about my struggles in hopes of helping other people going through similar struggles.
I thought that even if I couldn't necessary brighten my own life maybe I could be a light in someone else's.
I sit down to write tonight with that same prayer in my heart.
I hope that I can write something that will help someone hold on and press forward with faith.

These past few months have been a tremendous trial in my life.
I have found myself on my knees and literally begging my Heavenly Father for peace, comfort, and direction.
I've tried to keep my faith strong and my actions diligent.
It has been somewhat exhausting at times,
But these struggles have not been in vain, I have learned a lot.

I know God answers prayers.
It may take weeks, it may take months, or even years BUT he WILL answer.
He gives us knowledge as it becomes needful that we know it.
He has perfect timing and a perfect plan.
At times it may feel like you're wondering in the dark with no direction but when the time comes God will turn the light switch on and you will be able to see that you were on the right path all along.
The key to staying on that path is prayer and righteousness.

I feel like I'm still wondering on my path right now, but I have faith that when the time is right God will speak peace and understanding to my soul and I will know that He knew all along what He was doing even if I did not.

I have also come to seriously think about the intentions and true feelings of my heart.
I've noticed that sometimes I want to do the right thing but for the wrong reason.
I spent one night praying for a very long time because I told myself I wouldn't stop praying until all the intentions in my heart were righteous.
I would get to a point and I'd be like ok I can stop praying I think my heart is in the right place, and then an unwanted thought would slip back into my mind and I would have to start praying again.
That was a really cool experience for me because I was really able to concentrate on aligning my will to God's and accepting His will and truly being humble and allowing God's love to fill my soul.

There is something really cool about God's love, when you let it in you there is no room to have negative thoughts about anyone or anything.
When you let God's love fill your heart and mind you long to pray for your enemies and beg God to bless the people that despitefully use you.
You're heart changes and you no longer desire to find reasons to be angry, but you allow forgiveness to take over and a genuine happiness and peace come into your life.
(Matt 5:44)

God's love is a miracle.
I've found that the only way to feel true peace is to forgive.
Forgiving is letting go of your hurts and praying for the people that have hurt you.
Some situations are hard because you can forgive someone but even though you have forgiven them they can't necessarily be a part of your life.
I have had many people open up to me in my day and I've heard many life stories that include heart ache and abuse of all kinds.
Sometimes people feel like they can not forgive because forgiving means letting someone continue to abuse them.
The thing is, you can forgive your abuser without letting yourself be vulnerable to them.
You don't have to let them be in your life.
Maybe someday they will change and they will be ready to be a positive force in your life, but other times they are not capable of being a healthy part of your life at the stage of life they're in.
Forgiveness is praying for those people and truly hoping that someday they will find truth, happiness, and the gift of repentance.

Another thing I have learned is my great worth in the sight of God.
He truly does love and a desire the best for me.
I deserve respect.
I pray that every girl knows her worth to God and NEVER lets a guy treat her less than she deserves.
God counts every tear that His daughters cry and holds the people that caused them accountable.
It grieves God to see His daughters hearts broken.

God is aware of you and your struggles.
He will consecrate them for your good if you allow Him to.
Let Him in, let His love fill your soul.
Have faith, have hope, and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment