Thursday, September 8, 2011

My First Day as a Lowly Freshmen

August 22, 2011

You know how everyone has that nightmare of showing up to school in their underwear? Well as of today that nightmare became MY reality. I had my first dance class today. I checked my schedule 5 times, I was sure I had ballet first, so I showed up in pink tights and a black leotard (which I detest with passion). To my embarrassment it was MODERN class! I stood out like a sore thumb…. Hahaha people even asked if I was in the right class. I seriously looked ridiculous so I put my sweats on and almost died of heat. The class was really good, and difficult. I haven’t danced pretty much since April so it almost killed me. I’m going to be so sore. My body was really stiff but I think after about a week I should be back to normal. I really feel like I am going to grow a lot as a dancer down here at SUU. In the middle of the class I got a bloody nose… great… as if the goofy get up wasn’t enough!! Haha. So I have to run outta class to fix it

Oh P.S. last night Kenz and I tried moving her bed down a couple of notches so it wouldn’t be so tall. I think there was a lack of thinking on our part… it weighed about 200 pounds not to mention there were only two of us to hold up both solid wood bed posts and lift the medal mattress frame. I was under it at first and I was being smashed, my neck was kinked and I thought death was around the corner when Kenz started laughing uncontrollably and said “Wait, stay there, I need to take a picture!” yeah as if I had the choice to move…. haha Then I got the wise idea to use me legs, it looked ridiculous but worked wonders. My life was saved. I was my own hero!! Her bed was in complete shambles, so we recruited Skyler Burgess and Bronson Shroder from Dixie to play Humpty Dumpty and put it back together again. Thank heaven for guys with muscles. Needless to say she slept great last night.

At about 10:30 I had this intelligent idea to go buy my math book before my 11:00 class. First I had to find the book, and then stand in the 15 min long line, not to mention my class was on top of a steep hill on the opposite side of campus. Haha if I keep having these wise epiphanies I’m going to have to learn to love running up a 50% incline luging about 30 lbs. No worries I was on time to class with two sweaty pits and a dripping forehead. I love colleges it’s so adventurous!

Today in English class the teacher was explaining procedure and he said all sports team members needed to give him a schedule of their games by Friday. This kid raised his hand and said “do you need mine? I’m on track and it doesn’t start till the spring…” the teacher was like “what the Hell?? No if you’re still in my class this Spring I’ll kick your ass!!” it was really funny. All of class the teacher kept going back to that, he couldn’t let it go. He was just so astonished at that comment, and the poor kid just didn’t realize that classes are only a semester long; he was still in high school mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment