Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Be Still My Soul

A few nights ago I got to lay in bed and felt the magic that comes with a rainstorm. I remember I had so many feelings I had to write them down to understand them. Then I tucked them away never to be seen or heard. But all week the words "be still and know that I am" keep coming up. I thought it was interesting because that's EXACTLY what I wrote about. So I reread my thoughts this morning and decided to share them.

I'm lying in bed with the widow open. The cold breeze is pouring over me and I'm listening to one of the best thunderstorms God has ever created. I am still. And I know that he is. I will never cease to be amazed by the wonderful sound small water droplets make as they travel to earth and hit the ground/roof. I will never cease to be amazed by the way lightning can light up the whole sky on the darkest of nights. I will never cease to be amazed by the way the rolling thunder sounds like melody to my heart. I will never cease to be amazed that my God can turn me into something incredibly beautiful when I feel like my world is crumbling down and I am a lone rain drop tumbling to the earth. I will never ceased to be amazed by the way God can light my pathway if I but only exercise faith in Him and know that He is. He has turned some of my darkest nights into my brightest mornings. I will never cease to be amazed by the way God knows how to directly speak to my soul and how strong I can feel Him in the midst of a thunderstorm. He knows me and he loves me more than I could ever know, and if I could it would amaze me. So for now I let the breeze chill my cheeks and sprinkle my nose with cool water droplets and lie here in the dark. And let my soul be still. And know that He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment